Thank You to Our Contributors!
Angela Hanshaw | December 20, 2011
The year is nearly over, but I couldn’t let it pass without taking the opportunity to thank all of the people who contributed such wonderful features to Programming Librarian in 2011:
- Jo Anderson Cavinta, Diversity Coordinator for the King County (Wash.) Library System (Partnering to Serve Immigrants and ESL Learners)
- Patti Van Tuyl, Senior Program Officer, Special Initiatives, for the National Endowment for the Humanities (Talking About the Civil War and Emancipation)
- Paul Kauppila, Reference/Instruction Librarian at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library, San Jose State University (Programming with Grant Funds in the Academic Library: Lessons Learned)
- Reginald Harris, Poetry in the Branches Coordinator for Poets House (The Language of Collaboration: Connecting Zoos, Libraries, and Poetry for Environmental Awareness)
- Colleen Leddy, Director of Stair Public Library in Morenci, Michigan (Programming on a [Long, Colorful] Shoestring)
- Julie McDaniel, a Librarian at Urbana University’s Swedenborg Memorial Library in Urbana, Ohio (Getting the Word Out: A Crash Course in Program Marketing)
- Andrea Lapsley, Director of Development, University Libraries, Colorado State University, Fort Collins (Navigating the World of Publishers for Author Programs)
- Annie Tully, Coordinator of One Book, One Chicago at the Chicago Public Library (All Together Now: One Book, One Community Programs)
- Paul Smith, Communications Specialist for the Kansas City Public Library (Film Programming That’s Off the Wall)
- Kathy Dempsey, Editor of Marketing Library Services newsletter and Marketing Consultant at Libraries Are Essential (Boost Survey Results with Carefully Crafted Questions)
- Adam Davis, Director, Project on Civic Reflection (Libraries and Democratic Life: Promoting Civic Engagement)
- Carrie Russell, Director, Program on Public Access to Information, for the ALA Office for Information Technology Policy and author of Complete Copyright: An Everyday Guide For Librarians (Copyright Tips for Programming Librarians: Storytimes)
I also must thank our blog contributors, who rescued you, dear reader, from having to read blog posts written only by me twice a week: Nancy Alima Ali, John Amundsen, Angela Thullen Baker, Catherine Bayles, Michael Cherry, Christopher Czajka, Jennifer Dominiak, Jeana Elizondo, Christina Endres, Tracy Englert, Jennifer Habley, Scott Hairston, Larry Halverson, Daniela Hudson, Barbara Jones, Jillian Kalonick, Carole Kiehl, Stephanie Kuenn, Keliann LaConte, Andrea Lapsley, Cheryl Malden, Amy Schlumpf Manion, Elizabeth Markel, Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Megan McFarlane, Libby McInerny, Gay Mohrbacher, Lauren Mueller, Shelley NiTuama, Susan Opasik, Jennifer Peterson, Dan Rude, Amy Sargent, Daniella Scalice, Stephanie Shipp, Charles Wilt, and Steve Zalusky.
Angela Hanshaw is Program Officer/Web Editor for the ALA Public Programs Office.