Media Outreach Templates
Media outreach for your Let’s Talk About It series may have two goals: to recruit participants for your program and to draw attention to your library’s achievement in being selected to participate in this national initiative. The below template materials are available to help you get started, but please update as necessary in order to customize the message for your community.
If your library or state humanities council is contacted by a member of the media, and you would like assistance preparing a response or for an interview, feel free to email the ALA Public Programs Office or the National Endowment for the Humanities for support.
Each library will receive the following printed promotional materials, to support Let’s Talk About It: Muslim Journeys programs:
- 200 bookmarks for distribution to library patrons.
- 5 theme-specific posters to display around your library or other strategic community locations to promote the upcoming program series.
- 30 copies of the national project scholar’s thematic essay, to be distributed to program participants.
- 30 folders, to be used to distribute supporting materials to program participants. Feel free to slip in information about other upcoming programs at your library, along with the Let’s Talk About It materials.
- 125 bookplates, to be affixed to your library’s Muslim Journeys books
These promotional materials will be shipped via UPS to the attention of library project directors within a week of the national workshop, to arrive in three to five business days. Libraries wishing wish to print additional copies of these items (excluding the folders) may download PDF files below.
- Poster (PDF, includes a poster for each theme)
- Bookmark (PDF)
- Bookplate (PDF, includes a poster for each theme)
- Essays (PDF)
These additional promotional materials may also be helpful in electronic and print promotion of your Let’s Talk About It series: