Art, Architecture, and Film
Developed by D. Fairchild Ruggles, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Koran by Heart (2011), directed by Greg Barker; download the Koran by Heart viewing guide (PDF)
- Islamic Arts by Jonathan Bloom and Sheila Blair
- Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible World (2011), directed by Robert Gardner
- Prince Among Slaves (2007), directed by Andrea Kalin; download the Prince Among Slaves viewing guide (PDF)
- The Art of Hajj by Venetia Porter
- Islamic Art Spots (short films designed, written, and presented by D. Fairchild Ruggles, developed especially for the Muslim Journeys Bookshelf; download the Islamic Art Spots essay (PDF)
For more about the films on the Muslim Journeys Bookshelf, please visit the film curriculum and public performance rights page, as well as the film programming resource page.